Pieces of Eight
In this project you will create an original game based on one of these three pirate stories.
- He was one of the most cunning pirates of all time according to the stories and his legend has grown hugely. This was, of course, far out of proportion with the truth. While people were being truthful when they spoke of him winning large battles with inconceivable odds, it was almost always an accident. Now the wreck of the Tranquillity lies in shallow Caribbean waters laden with Spanish Gold.
Are you up for the challenge of finding the wreck and retrieving the gold? Beware, legend states that the wreck is guarded by mysterious sea creatures.
- Alma Yardley was the daughter of the king of the pirates. She was ruthless and fellow pirates were so scared of her, there was hardly ever a whisper of an uprising. She had determined that her and the pirates must attack and defeat an armada of ships heading back to Europe. There was something on the ships she badly wanted other than treasure.
What did she want? Why would it give her more power?
- Pirate lore is rife with tales of hidden treasure and maps where ‘X’ marks the spot, but there are only a few accounts of buccaneers actually burying their loot. However, one of the most famous tales concerns the so-called ‘Treasure of Lima’, a haul of Spanish Gold, silver and jewels supposedly stolen by a British ship captain named William Thompson and buried on an island.
Can you track it down? There are many who do not want it found.
The game must be created for a target audience of your choice within the age range
4 to 16.
Your game must not be created using presentation software.
- produce a game overview and a moodboard
- produce detailed designs for the game
- produce instructions for the game
- develop and test the game
- create a promotional product (promo) for the game
- produce a game review.